Saturday 1 December 2012

This and that omelettes & fried spuds

Chopped stuff for an omelette.. Making an omelette with mushroom, red pepper, German salami, mild white cheddar, scallions..
I'm having an omelette & fried spuds phase.. They are just so quick and easy to make, and they both take all kinds of leftovers. The first three pics are of a three-egg omelette I made with a big mushroom, some German salami, half a red pepper, scallions, and a leftover bit of mild white cheddar, which had gone a bit dry and wouldn't have been so nice for a sambo anymore.

Omelette on white bread.. Mushroom, red pepper, German salami, mild white cheddar, scallions..
I had it on white bread, mmmmm...

Bread, lettuce, white pudding - waiting for the omelette Making an omelette
These next three pics show my white bread, white pudding, iceberg lettuce & omelette with mushrooms, scallions, red pepper and mild white cheddar - I may have fried some garlic with the scallions as well, I can't remember for sure.. Mega stuffage..

White bread, white pudding, lettuce.. Omelette with scallions, mushrooms, red pepper and mild white cheddar..

And now, some fried spuds..

Fried spuds, white pudding, scallions, garlic, mushrooms, red & green pepper, iceberg lettuce, eggs - can't remember if there was anything else
Fried spuds, white pudding, scallions, garlic, mushrooms, red & green pepper, iceberg lettuce, eggs - can't remember if there was anything else..

Fried spuds, white pudding, onion, garlic, mushrooms, green pepper, iceberg lettuce, eggs, veggie stock
Fried spuds, white pudding, onion, garlic, mushrooms, green pepper, iceberg lettuce, eggs, veggie stock..

Fish fingers, tartar sauce, mushrooms, mash Nuked rice & veg, toast with cheese
Something different - above left, fish fingers with mash, fried mushrooms, and tartar sauce.. (=I was shopping at Dunnes, saw the tartar sauce, and got an insta-craving for fish fingers, so I bought some.. Oimo actually had about three of those.) Above right, I was chatting with a friend, and got hungry, so I just nuked some rice & veg (those "Fusions" bags, I think this one was Mediterranean, which is my favourite..), and made some toast with mild white cheddar.. I know, they don't really go together, but they did the job..

Fried spuds, scallions, iceberg lettuce, egg, veggie stock cube, salmon..
Yesterday, I had some fried spuds, scallions, iceberg lettuce, egg, veggie stock cube, and salmon.. It was actually gorgeous!

Some people boil the spuds before frying, but I think that takes too much time and effort. Just cube them small and fry them first (adding other stuff later).. The first time I fried lettuce, I was just being experimental as I had some lettuce which had gone a bit off.. But I've become to really like it in the fry! I think iceberg lettuce is the best for this purpose. It's the last thing I add, unless I'm adding an egg - in that case, the egg will be the last thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment