Monday 4 January 2010

Mince pies

Mince pie with cream
I'd never known mince pies until I moved to Ireland, back in '97. (For those who don't know mince pies, check them out on Wikipedia - they're something you'd have around Christmas time..)

I didn't dislike them, but I didn't immediately fall in love with them, either. I loved the cream, though.. (Mmmm.. cream...) However, Christmas after Christmas, I seemed to grow to like them more, and I remember actually loving them, at some point, and usually having them without cream - not because I preferred them that way, but we'd just often forget to buy the cream, or we'd buy it and treat ourselves with creamy coffees until there was none left to go with the mince pies.

Then, a few years ago, I just sort of went off mince pies, for no particular reason. We'd always have them at Christmas time, but I had a few years when I didn't eat any of them. Or, I might have one, but not really enjoy it.

This Christmas season, I noticed that I like mince pies again, and I've had them all with cream =D Yum.. (Yes, I'm just after having one now..)

We've been buying Gateaux and Dunnes mince pies, and I've liked them both. Previously, we've often bought the Cuisine de France mince pies, and I have to say that I'm not really a fan of them.. I love their apple pies, but that dough doesn't seem to go with mince pies, I think.. I'm really just blogging about this to remind myself, come December, that Gateaux and Dunnes mince pies are it, for me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment